Monday, October 31, 2011

HALO-ween

Happy HALO-ween everyone (not Halloween). I just wanted to update on my HALO costume. I finally finished and painted my shoulder pieces. They turned out really well. I used the designs from Kirrou (They looked the best). After spray painting them black and hand painting the details on the sides of them, they are ready for HALO-ween and the release of Halo CE: Anniversary.

One thing I built from scratch is the assault rifle from HALO CE. I did not use a single plan for it except draw the basic shape and cut out the cardboard. I made two sides of the rifle then used strips of cardboard between them to give the desired width for it. It took me only an hour and a half the build it, but it took longer to paint it.

I did a base coat of gunmetal grey on it using spray paint. After that dried, I used black acrylic paint to add the details. After adding a barrel tip and fake flashlight, it was done. It took me more than four hours to paint it, but it was worth it.

In the end, I now have a full set of ODST armor, an assault rifle, and an airsoft ODST pistol. I get a feeling HALO-ween is waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment