Thursday, October 20, 2011

Does Gears of War 3 = Perfect?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! I will be

Imagine revving up your chainsaw bayonet and slamming it through a Locust's backside. That is what Gears of War is about: blood, gore, and blowing #@!% up. Is there anythign wrong with that combination? HELL NO! Can it get similar at times? DEFINETELY! I am not saying that Gears of War 3 is not a great game. I just have a few qualms about it.

For  me, if the story of the game doesn't entice me, the game isn't a true success. This is a problem for me. The story is the same as the last two games: SAVE THE WORLD!!! The only difference is the way that you do it. Instead of invading the Hollow or using a giant bomb, you just simply activate a device that kills anything with lambent cells in it. THAT'S IT!!! Sure Dom dies, but he just wanted to be with his wife in the end. Way to go Epic Games, you made several million dollars on a game that used the same style and story just with new guns.

The gameplay itself is nothing new, but is still good. The new weapons like the retro lancer and One Shot heavy sniper work well in the game.

The new horde mode works out very well. The boss fights are intense and the difficulty goes up at a nice pace. Beast mode on the other hand was kind of a let down. It is only twelve waves short and definately needed to be longer. I made it through the whole beast mode in one match (with 3 other players).

Overall, that game not half bad. I certainly liked the game, but it wasn't on my top game of all time. It deserves probably a 9.5/10 because there were some elements that needed work.

Does Gears of War 3 equal perfection. Of course not! (That s reserved fo HALO)

No comments:

Post a Comment